Become a Friend of GNOME
Posted by : bloodychaos Monday, June 1, 2015

Sorry Gwynn, Doreen have decided to look for a better guy

Man, I've been neglecting this empty lot for a long time. 2 months to be exact! Well, it's my usual excuse though. Work and what nots (mumble mumble...)

Well, now it's time for another unexciting episode of my deck profile! The new Vanguard G-BT03 is out for the Japanese version of the game and I can finally update my Japanese Dark Irregulars deck! With the new support from the 3rd booster,  Dark Irregulars can no longer be called a "side clan". In fact, I believe the support is strong enough to make them Tier 1, probably till the next booster.

With the new support, the two issues with DI have been addressed - poor field presence and hand size. They now even have much better early, mid and late game pressure. Did I mention they now have lots of Bishies and Bishoujos?

Sadly, with all the support, Dark Irregulars are still not recommended for new players. They need to know how to control their soul charging, when to use it or stop or ended up decking out very quickly. In the right hand, it's a very devastating but to a novice or those who don't have proper understanding of how Dark Irregulars works, it'll come back and bite you in the back.

I'm pretty sure everyone is now tired of all the yapping. Now let's take a look at the upgraded version of my Psychic deck list!

Grade 0: 17 units
  • 1 x Devil in Shadow (Starting VG)
  • 4 x Hysteric Shirley (Draw trigger)
  • 4 x Dark Knight of Nightmareland (Critical trigger)
  • 4 x Critical Triggers (Your choice)
  • 4 x Heal Triggers (Your choice)
Grade 1: 15 units
  • 2 x Dimension Creeper
  • 3 x Doreen the Thruster
  • 3 x Alluring Succubus
  • 3 x Pure Love Succubus
  • 4 x Flag Breaker (Unflipper null guards)
Grade 2: 11 units
  • 4 x Psychic of Dust, Izaya
  • 4 x Squall Maker Vampir
  • 3 x Flying Librarian
Grade 3: 7 units
  • 4 x Scharlachrot Vampir
  • 3 x Psychic of Storm, Rigil
 Grade 4 (G-Units): 4 units
  • 4 x Storm of Love, Kisskill Lila 
  • 4 x One Who is Abhorrent, Gilles de Rais
Tried, tested and worked against lots of meta clans. I made Diablo screamed in rage!

My glorious Grade 0s. I play Devil in Shadow, a Grade 3 searcher. I was thinking of using Werbat Ordonnanz but as I look through my deck again while building it, I've decided against it as I only play 7 Grade 3s. This is better to be safe than sorry later on as I rather not get grade stuck and losing hand due to G-Assist. Hysteric Shirley and Dark Knight are staples in a DI deck. Mainly because they allows us to fill up the soul. I was thinking of playing Monochrome of Nightmareland for its unflipping and draw mechanics. But thinking back, it's a better option on a full Psychic-Legion deck.

I'm playing slightly more units for my Grade 1. The cards allows me to control my soul so that I can soul charge only when needed. This way, I wouldn't charge too much. Dimension Creeper is actually enough at 2. Since you'll be soul charging quite a bit, one is bound to land in the soul anyways. Doreen is your larger than life booster. I was debating on using Doreen or Lunatic Masquerade for a slightly more consistent boosts, but during turns that I can soul charge big for the finish, she is ultimately the better option. Alluring Succubus is a good card as well. It's an on call soul charge one. Again, this is good for soul control. You can however look at Killing Dollmaster, but the only thing that made me not use it is that I lose field presence, losing a booster for my rearguards. Pure Love Succubus is your standard +2 grades during stride and Flag Breaker is your unflipper nulls, as this deck can be a bit costly on counterblasts at times (while at times, not at all).

There's not much options for Grade 2. Izaya is must as I played Rigil. Squall Maker Vampir is a welcomed addition to the team. He feeds the soul AND gains power. He's like Psycho Grave, but better since he soul charges for 2. I was jumping for joy when I saw Flying Librarian. Best card for DI ever. She soul charges and nets you hand size as well as an unflipper. Being an 8k unit is not much of an issue due to her plusses.

The key Grade 3 you want to ride is Scharlachrot Vampir. His stride on ability is too good not to use. Look at it this way, you get souls and can retire a rearguard. This itself is nothing to sneeze at. Rigil is your secondary ride. He's a legion but he's pretty strong in this deck. His secondary ability of letting him persona soul blast and soul charging back 5 cards is ridiculous when you have 3 Doreens in the field. That's a huge 21k booster. If you have Izaya in the rearguard as well, you have a 24k attacker before triggers. Rigil's abitlity to CB2 to and retire 3 units when you have 15 souls is pretty devastating to your opponent.

For my Stride units, I forgo the Fighters Collection cards. One is exclusively for Amon while the other is a poorly made watered down Doreen that should not have existed. Instead, I opt for Kisskill and Gilles. Kisskill strides extremely well with Scharlachrot. Scharlachrot already allow soul charging and retiring. Now add that to Kisskill's on hit effect, that allows her to soul charge 2 and draw 1, is a huge pressure and plus that it makes Kirin looks like a baby. Gilles is your "Final Turn" stride. He's basically a powered up version of Glory Maelstrom. Even his condition is easy to fulfill mid to late game.

That's all I have for today. I'll be doing a deck profile for Neo Nectar in the next few days!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © 2013 Stand and Draw: Card game rants and experiences - Shiroi - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -