Become a Friend of GNOME
Posted by : bloodychaos Tuesday, April 7, 2015

 Bushiroad! Make this card happen!!

Okay, so G-BT01 have been out for a very long time. Somehow, I saved this as a draft a few days after release and forgot to publish it! Too much WIXOSS >.<

Finally G-BT01 is out in English! While I don't actually play OTT for English, I play it as one of my Mains for the Japanese meta. But I've decided to share it out for the English scene as well. I've posted this on reddit before so for those of you who hang out in the /r/cardfightvanguard subreddit and saw this list before, don't be alarm, it's just me pasting the same list here.

I started out with Japanese OTT quite late in the game when Limit Break (BT06) just started to be released in the English scene. Somehow won 2nd at a Japanese tournament using a General Seifried deck that was filled with MLBs and The Ends. Don't ask me how I won. I recall getting extremely lucky the whole day when most my twin drives are a Juggernaut and a trigger and kept attacking 5 times each turn. Yep, extremely lucky. I wont a whole set of Scarlet Witch CoCo at that time and randomly decided to build an OTT deck. It has stuck with me since then.

With the new support, OTT has become a force to be reckoned with, however, the clan itself is too reliant on the stride cards. This makes the deck running a bit slow in the beginning but once you reach Grade 3, it starts to speed up.

This deck has a simple build, but using the deck well is a different matter, I'll rant about that in a bit. For now, on to the list!



Grade 0:
  • 1 x Battle Sister Eclair (G3 Searcher)
  • 4 x Psychic Bird (Crit)
  • 4 x Battle Sister Ginger (Crit)
  • 2 x Oracle Guardian Nike (Crit)
  • 2 x Battle Sister Tiramisu (Draw) --> Personal preference. I find teching in 2 draws balances out the deck quite a bit too. Max out Nike if you like yellow stars!
  • 4 x Lozenge Magus (Heal) --> I recycle her pretty often, boosting Kuroikazuchi with her.
Grade 1:
  • 4 x Divine Sword, Amenomurakumo
  • 4 x Oracle Guardian Gemini
  • 2 x Shrine Guard, Tsunagai --> Change for Lemonade if you think you need more CBs
  • 3 x Mediator, Amenosagiri (Unflipper Null guards)
  • 1 x Tetra Magus (Normal Null guards, against the X and Laurels since the new nulls only guards VG)
Grade 2:
  • 4 x Diviner, Shinatsuhiko
  • 4 x Diviner, Kuroikazuchi
  • 3 x Silent Toms (I'd put in 4 but I only have 3 in hand. Would replace a Shinatsuhiko for another one)
Grade 3:
  • 2 x Supreme Sky Battle Deity, Susanoo
  • 3 x CEO Amaterasu
  • 3 x Goddess of the Treasured Mirror, Ohirume
Grade 4:
  • 4 x Soaring Auspicious Beast, Qilin
  • 4 x Sword Deity of Divine Sound, Takemikazuchi 

I won't say much about the cards for G0 and G1. I find many OTT players are playing similar builds for this part so let's skip it.

Grade 2 is a bit of a standard. Shinatsuhiko is the 12k attacker when you're at GB1, Kuroikazuchi increases your hand size by allowing you to draw a card when it attacks a vanguard whilst being boosted. Silent Toms is your definite finisher.

Grade 3 is quite important. I just play 2 Susanoo. But despite that low number, I tend to ride him at G3 90% of the time. I generally use Eclair to search out a G3. If I get a Susanoo, great. If I get Ammy, that's fine too. If I get Ohirume, ain't even mad. This is because I tend to switch cards with Amenomurakumo. I generally will call out Amenomurakumo as the VG's booster, reveal a G3, search out Susanoo and drop a G3. If Eclair search out Susanoo, I use Amenomurakumo to search for my last Susanoo and drop that Susanoo. Same goes with Ammy and Ohirume. This is actually thins out the deck, even by one card, to ensure you have a higher chance of hitting a trigger.

Now the key part here is to stay at Susanoo until you've reach 4 or 5 damage and have used all of your counterblasts via Susanoo's skill as well as Takemikazuchi's skill (leave at least one Ammy at the bottom of the deck). By then, your deck would have thin out by quite a bit as you've most likely add non trigger units to hand. Once you have exhausted out your CBs, right Ohirume and legion back all that critcal and heals (that's why you leave Ammy at the bottom of the deck, to legion back the triggers). By then, your deck would compromise of mostly triggers. Keep riding Ohirume and legioning back the triggers. There are many plays I did by having 12 triggers in deck, with just 3 to 4 normal units left.

For my stride units, there's only two choices in OTT, Qilin and Takemikazuchi. Qilin is one of my favs as his on hit pressure is quite overwhelming as you can net quick plus. Takemikazuchi is an okay card which allows you to gain hand and field setup quickly.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © 2013 Stand and Draw: Card game rants and experiences - Shiroi - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -